September 24, 2012Establishing A Strong Church
Understanding Our Mandate:
Eight characteristics of a strong or warfare church:
- It is a GATE of Heaven.
- Has a very strong FOCUS
- It has many resources or resource personnel.
- It is a giving church.
- It is a visible church.
- Has a strong impact upon the spirit realm.
- Will eventually impact, the politics, economics and lifestyle of a nation.
- It is what we call a governmental anointing.
Jacob’s description of a strong governmental church: Gen: 28:17
The Gate of Heaven:
GATE: – a point of entry – the church then is an aperture or opening to the heavens. God uses such a church to impact the earth: – we are building such a church.
How do we construct a Gateway?
- By the strength and purity of our worship
- By bringing our hearts into unity.
- By walking in present truth.
- By receiving revelation from the Lord.
- By moving accurately into God’s purposes.
- By allowing the Lord to come strongly into our midst and manifest Himself.
- By constantly changing into the image and likeness of Jesus.
In Scripture gates were always identified as places of authority, for example.
Deut: 22: 13 – 15, Deut: 25: 5 – 7, Ps: 24: 7 – 9
Ps: 87:2, Ps: 100:4, Prov: 8:34
Prov: 31: 23, 31
Jesus admonishes us to enter in at a particular gate Matt: 7: 13 – 14, Lk: 13:24
The devil also has his gates or places of authority: Matt: 16:18
Gen: 22: 14 – 18 & Gen: 24:60 presents two very vital and key scriptures:
We are being raised up by God to take away the authority from demonic elders and establish the kingdom of God: Dan: 7: 13 – 14, 27
We will rule in those gates for we have been destined to do so, this is true government.
Three important statements:
- This is a place of change:
- Starting is wonderful, but finishing is better:
- Your future is created by the positions you take today:
In order to fulfill the God given mandate of this church there must be FOCUS.
Focus: – a concentration of intent upon a specific mandate or purpose. For example a MAGNIFYING GLASSbeing used on paper in the sun.
Focus is the key to success and this is true for any area of one’s life.
Lost of Focus causes one’s strength to go and for defeat to step in. This is one of the enemy main tactics, causing us to loose Focus. Remember Heb: 10:35
Two case studies, one of the power of Focus and the other, the results of a loss of Focus.
2 Kings: 9 The power of Focus. (Jehu)
1 Samuel: 15 The results of a loss of Focus. (King Saul)